Lord (Paul) Drayson PhD, CEO of Sensyne Health, commented:
“Despite some significant headwinds and an increasingly competitive market environment, Sensyne delivered strong growth over the past year. Our business model for the application of ethical AI to the analysis of de-identified and anonymised patient data resonated with healthcare systems and the life sciences industry in both the UK and US, growing our patient dataset and revenues significantly.”
- Increased patient records to 8.9 million by 30 April 2021 (2.8 million at 30 April 2020) through signing of five new Strategic Research Agreements (“SRAs”) in the UK.
- Entered into a strategic collaboration with Phesi, Inc. (“Phesi”), a US-based specialist clinical trials data company that provides access to clinical trial patient records to enhance offering to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
- Launched MagnifEye™, a new software application using deep machine learning AI to automate the accurate reading of lateral flow diagnostic tests and signed an exclusive licensing deal with Excalibur Healthcare Services for the use of MagnifEye with lateral flow diagnostic tests.
- Collaboration agreement with Alexion to study the prevalence and outcomes of patients in certain disease areas.
- Research collaboration with Bristol Myers Squibb to apply machine learning for rare blood disease research.
- Collaboration agreement with the University of Oxford to provide software for remote symptom data collection and analytics for a Phase 2 clinical trial in care homes.
- Strategic partnership with Microsoft and co-development of cloud and machine learning capabilities to help improve, augment, and reduce the cost of patient care.
- Launched SENSIGHT platform to support rapid interrogation of the real-world patient database and industrialisation of our offering to life science companies.
- Signed first three SRAs in the US, providing access to 13.4 million patient records and an SRA with Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (“GOSH”) to increase total patient records to 22.5 million.
- Expanded collaboration with Phesi, Sensyne now has access to Phesi dataset of approximately 42 million clinical trials patient records.
- SRA with GOSH to improve paediatric clinical outcomes, and accelerate research into new medicines to find new and better ways to treat rare and complex childhood diseases.
- Agreement with University of Oxford to conduct a multi-omics drug discovery research project in asthma.
- Successfully completed a £27.5 million fundraise in January 2021 by way of a placing, subscription and open offer to support industrialisation of the Company’s data analytics capability, and invest $10 million into Phesi as part of strategic collaboration.
- Total revenues of £9.1m for the year ended 30 April 2021 (2020: £2.1m).
- Total research and development expenditure of £15.1m for the year ended 30 April 2021 (2020: £11.4m).
- Adjusted EBITDA losses of £19.9m for the year ended 30 April 2021 (2020: £16.0m).
- Operating loss of £27.9m for the year ended 30 April 2021 (2020: £22.4m).
- Cash and cash equivalents of £23.6m as at 30 April 2021 (2020: £31.7m).
Analyst and Investor webinar today
Lord (Paul) Drayson, Chief Executive Officer, and Richard Pye, Chief Financial Officer, will present the financial results for the year ended 30 April 2021 for analysts and investors today via a webinar at 13:00 BST with a Q&A session. For more details please contact email@example.com at Consilium Strategic Communications.