Lord (Paul) Drayson PhD, CEO of Sensyne Health, said:
“Sensyne has made significant commercial and technological progress in the past 12 months, despite a number of challenges and the dramatic changes triggered by COVID-19. I am particularly proud of how the Company has developed solutions to some of the challenges that have arisen during the course of the pandemic. Sensyne’s achievements over the past year highlight the dedication and proficiency of our employees who are committed to supporting the Company’s mission to improve patient care and accelerate pharmaceutical research.
Recent developments have underlined the growth potential that our model can deliver as healthcare moves towards wider adoption of Clinical AI and remote patient monitoring. We look forward to the future with confidence.”
Click here to view full preliminary results.
- Signed agreements with Cognizant and Agorai as partners for the launch and sale of digital health software products in the US
- Signed first major pharmaceutical collaboration agreement for £5 million with Bayer to accelerate the development of new treatments for stroke and cardiovascular disease using Clinical AI and entered an additional partnership with Bayer on new UK AI ‘LifeHub’ for data-driven drug discovery, disease detection and diagnosis
- Signed research collaboration with Roche to apply AI for clinical trial design
- Signed collaboration with Alexion to study the prevalence and outcomes of patients in disease areas of interest to Alexion
- Launched ‘SENSE™’, a clinical algorithm engine, created in partnership with Microsoft, and signed an agreement with Chelsea & Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to help provide more personalised care for patients with COVID-19
- Launched COVID-19 web-based CVm-Health™ ‘Good Neighbour’ app in the UK and in the US with support from Microsoft and Cognizant
- Entered into the LAB10x partnership with Evotec, Oxford University Innovation, Oxford Sciences Innovation and the University of Oxford to accelerate the commercialisation of next generation digital therapeutics and data-driven drug discovery
POST-PERIOD EVENTS HIGHLIGHTS
- Launched BPm-Health™ remote monitoring system in the UK for the management of blood pressure in pregnancy in response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Announced the development of DBm-Health™, a new software product for people with or at risk of diabetes
- Supplied GDm-Health™, CVm-Health and BPm-Health products for free to the NHS during COVID-19 pandemic
- Entered into a formal research agreement with the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to contribute to the development of methods to validate software algorithms used in digital health
- Total revenues of £2.1m for the year to 30 April 2020 (2019: £0.1m)
- Research and development expenditure of £11.4m (2019: £9.51m)
- Adjusted operating loss from continuing operations of £16.0m (2019: £11.5m)
- Adjusted cash used in operations of £13.5m (2019: £9.8m)
- Cash and cash equivalents of £31.7m at 30 April 2020 (2019: £49.3m)
- Adjusted loss per share of £0.12 (2019: £0.10)
- Operating loss of £22.4 (2019: £19.0m)
Analyst and Investor Briefing
Lord Drayson, Chief Executive Officer, and Michael Norris, Interim Chief Financial Officer, will present the full-year results for analysts and investors today at 14:00 BST. There will be a simultaneous live conference call and webcast. For more details please contact email@example.com at Consilium Strategic Communications. A short scientific presentation will also take place after the results presentation Q&A.
A replay of today's webcast of the meeting and the presentation slides will be available on the investor section of Sensyne Health's website after the event at https://www.sensynehealth.com/investors/investor-hub.